Monday 21 August 2017

Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

I am in love with this - I can't believe it has taken me so long to buy it...

This product is perfect for achieving the bronze goddess look that has been so popular this year. The creamy, almost mousse like consistency is a dream to blend and apply, resulting in the most gorgeous sun-kissed glow. It dries down slightly leaving a velvety finish and can be worn on bare skin, under or over your favourite foundation.


My favourite way to apply Chanel's Soleil Tan De Chanel is by using a firm synthetic makeup brush (I use Real Technique's Sculpting Brush). After I complete my pre-makeup routine (cleanser, moisturiser, primer) I apply my liquid foundation and concealer (Current favourites: NARS' Sheer Glow Foundation & Creamy Concealer). I then swirl the brush into the product and use a combination of patting on to the skin and gently blending on areas that would naturally be hit by the sun, like my cheeks and forehead. I personally avoid the nose as I like to use a contour and highlight to give the illusion of a slightly slimmer shape. I would definitely recommend applying this before any powder products, but have had no problems with applying powder over the top to set my makeup and I also use additional powder contour and bronzing products over the top to compliment my chosen look (see my Summer Look post here).

This also works amazingly as a transition between contoured areas. I use it to blur the lines of cream contour and create a super bronzed, glowy look. In the pan, the shade does look quite orange and slightly sparkly, which initially put me off. However, I am such a sucker for products that continuously get amazing reviews time after time, that this pay day, I decided to treat myself. I'm glad as I did as I have using it every day since I bought it and you get so much product for your money. Although it is pricey, it works out much cheaper per ounce than many other bronzers, so I'm hoping this little gem will last me a while.

The packaging looks like glass but is made from sturdy thick plastic, which I prefer as it's lighter for travel and means no sinking-heart feeling if you accidentally drop it! The lid features the famous gold Chanel logo, and looks gorgeous on my dressing table.

I would definitely recommend if you're looking for a luxury cream formula bronzer - it is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know what you lovely ladies think. I love comments and I'm friendly I promise!