I'm all about bronzed glowy makeup this summer. I find that some makeup looks amazing on camera but in person, it's too heavy and looks harsh. With this in mind, I've put together a look that will take you from selfie to city. There is nothing better than that 'lit from within' look and I am confident that I've found products you will love. I have a little more time to get ready at the weekend and enjoy taking this time to experiment with new techniques and products. This weekend, I decided to experiment with combining cream, liquid and powder products and it's safe to say I'm a huge fan and this combination of formulas helped me to create a flawless result.
Product details: (exact match products or dupes are linked where possible)
- Moisturiser - The Ordinary Plant Derived Squalane mixed with Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream.
- Primer - YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer.
- Base - NARS Sheer Glow in shade Barcelona, Creamy Concealer in Custard & Soft Matte Complete Concealer in Ginger.
- Eyes - Urban Decay Razor Sharp Eyeliner in Perversion, 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Corrupt, Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy & Loreal Paradise Mascara.
- Cream contour - MAC Cosmetics Pro Sculpting Cream in Pure Sculpture.
- Cream bronzer - Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base.
- Powder contour - MAC Powder Blush in Harmony & Mineralize Skinfinish in Give Me Sun!
- Liquid highlight - Iconic london Illuminator Drops in Original & Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Heat Wave Illuminating Powder Gelée.
- Powder - MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Tan & Urban Decay Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium.
- Blusher - MAC Cosmetics Extra Dimension Blush in Fairly Precious.
- Brows - Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown
- Lips - MAC Cosmetics Lip Pencil in shade Lasting Sensation.
Everybody has their own preferences in the order they apply their makeup, but mine always follows the same routine. Follow the below steps to get this look:
- I always start by cleansing my face then applying moisturiser, followed with primer.
- Apply foundation, concealer, cream contour/bronzing products (in this case MAC Pro Sculpting Cream as a contour, then blended out using Chanel's Soleil Tan De Chanel).
- Set with powder and apply powder contour/bronzer products.
- Use beauty blender to apply liquid highlighter to tops of cheek bones, eyelids, brow bone and along the nose, setting with a light dusting of powder highlighter.
- Apply blusher.
- Fill in brows, and use spooly to blend.
- Apply eye pencil in and under waterline, mascara and liquid eyeliner.
- Finish off my applying lip liner to entire lips.
If you have any questions at all, please leave a comment below or on Instagram.