Tuesday 22 August 2017

L'Oreal Paris Paradise Mascara VS Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

I'd already heard so much about these mascaras before I bought each of them, but are they worth the hype? Let's find out!

Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara has been around for some time longer than L'Oreal's Paradise range (featuring a new mascara) which only came out in the UK earlier this month after quickly becoming a blogger favourite in the US. I personally don't have a different mascara for the day and evening as I want my eyelashes to look as long as possible all day long!


I purchased the Too Faced mascara a couple of months ago after searching endlessly on Google for 2017's "Best Mascaras". This one came up in lists again and again so I took the plunge and bought the cheekily named mascara at my local Too Faced concession in Debenhams. I was initially really pleased with the effect - it was lengthening, volumising, didn't clump or smudge. However, one of the cons that I had noticed popping up in the reviews I'd read was that it dried up in the tube quite quickly, which I would have to agree with! Unfortunately, it doesn't go on to my lashes as smoothly anymore and it's a lot harder to work with. 

After hearing that L'Oreal's new mascara was a potential 'dupe' for TF's Better Than Sex mascara and almost half the price, I decided to give it a go. Although there are similarities with the packaging and brush (I am a fan of the bristle style wands), I wouldn't say they are a dupe, but I do in fact prefer the Paradise mascara! Again, it's lengthening, voluminising, doesn't smudge or flake and is a better 'wetter' (still quite dry) consistency compared my Too Faced mascara. I find it dries very quickly and therefore it's not very buildable - you have to work very quickly if you want to build it up as it sets pretty damn quick. It also contains some lash nourishing ingredients, including castor oil,  which is an added bonus! I can't comment on the 'curl factor' of either mascaras as I usually curl my lashes before applying, and I also recently treated myself to a pre-holiday LVL treatment, which keeps eyelashes permanently curled for up to 8 weeks.

So - Is Too Faced's much hyped mascara actually better than sex? I'd have to say no, unfortunately not, but if you're in the market for a fantastic, affordable mascara then I would highly recommend L'Oreal's latest offering. I know this is the one I will be reaching for every morning from now on...


Comparison of applicators: Top - Too Faced. Bottom - L'Oreal.
Have you tried either? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know what you lovely ladies think. I love comments and I'm friendly I promise!