If you liked the look of my last recipe (Chocolate & Raspberry Banana Bread) recipe, then I think you'll like this one! For anybody craving something sweet, but wanting to avoid unhealthy treats, then these muffins are a great choice. They're low-fat, nutritious and super easy. You could have a batch of these sat in front of you in 25 minutes (including prep & baking time), and you'll be able to keep those cravings at bay! You could also add a tablespoon on cocao or cacao (raw) powder to make them super chocolatey!
- 2 cups porridge oats
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 medium/large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup pitted whole dates (chopped)
- Handful of fresh or frozen raspberries (no need to defrost)
- 70% dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Butter (for greasing your muffin tray)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Grease your muffin tin (I experimented with muffin cases to make them look pretty but the mixture will stick once they cool, so I recommend putting the mixture directly in to the tin).
- Mix together porridge oats, mashed bananas, eggs, agave, baking powder, cinnamon, dates using a blender or food processor. Alternatively, mix ingredients in a large bowl with a fork, then use a hand blender. Once mixture is combined, add 3/4's of the raspberries and dark chocolate chips and stir through (leave some chocolate chips and raspberries aside for the top).
- Pour mix into muffin cases (you should have enough mix for 10-12 muffins).
- Top with left over raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until firm and slightly golden.
These muffins are so delicious with peanut butter, or you can eat them on their own! Can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days (if they last past day one)!