If you have some serious cake withdrawal but don't want to over-indulge, then this is the perfect guilt-free treat to curb those cravings. It's high protein, gluten free and absolutely delicious. I would actually choose to eat this over a slice of chocolate cake, and that is saying something!
- 1.5 cups ground almonds
- 1.5 cups coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup almond/peanut/cashew butter
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- Frozen raspberries (no need to defrost)
- 1 cup 70% dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the ground almonds & coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and cocoa. Stir until it's combined.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Then mix eggs, nut butter, and agave syrup in with the mashed bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until fully combined.
- Add dark chocolate chips and frozen raspberries, keeping some of each aside for the top.
- Line a baking tin (preferably a bread loaf tin) with baking paper.
- Pour the mix into the lined tin.
- Drizzle some additional nut butter on top for decoration and sprinkle with leftover chocolate chips and raspberries. You can also slice an additional banana up and lay on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until firm.
I'd love to hear what you think of my recipe! Any questions, please let me know!