Thursday 30 March 2017

Nars - Velvet Lip Glide in Playpen


As soon as I heard that NARS were launching a brand new range of lipsticks, I was excited to try them. I googled swatches of each shade and bravely ordered one without trying it (which I rarely do). The shade I ordered was 'Playpen' and luckily it was a good choice as I love it. NARS describes the colour as 'lychee pink', but I think it definitely does lean towards more of a coral colour, making the perfect shade for Spring!

The consistency is lovely, it feels moisturising but not sticky. The formula is pigmented and is a cross between a liquid lipstick and a gloss. The doe-foot applicator makes it easy to apply and to create a defined lip line, and I don't need to use lipliner with it.


Unfortunately, it isn''t very long-wearing but for this type of product, I am not surprised. After a while, they do dry down slightly to be a little less shiny, but I wouldn't go as far as to say 'semi-matte', but maybe that's just this colour. I also find that this lipstick makes me lips look plumper.

All in all, I really like the product, and I am tempted to get another couple of them. I really love the look of 'Bound' and 'Suck' - such cheeky names!

There's some great swatches of each shade on Temptalia.com if you don't have a NARS counter near you.
 Nars - Velvet Lip Glide (Playpen) - £22.00



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know what you lovely ladies think. I love comments and I'm friendly I promise!