Monday 20 March 2017

Top 3 Concealers for Spring/Summer

It helps us out when we're having a bad skin day or haven't had enough sleep, and let's be honest, we owe it more credit! Concealer has to be one of my favourite makeup products, and I rarely leave the house without any on. Foundation is great for doing most of the hard-work but sometimes we need a little extra helping hand. That's why I've put together a review of my favourite three concealers. You've probably heard a lot about them already, but there is good reason!




I think this concealer has to be my favourite out of the three, due to it's flawless coverage that leaves a luminous, semi-matte finish. It is very lightweight yet buildable and doesn't enhance any fine lines, making it perfect for use under the eyes, which is what I usually use this product for. It conceals and brightens any under-eye darkness beautifully, but it is absolutely perfect for using on blemishes too. Due to it's consistency, it can be used for a natural look if blended out, or a full coverage flawless look. I apply this directly to my skin using the applicator and then use a combination of my ring finger and a beauty blender to blend out. For me, there is absolutely no negatives about this product, apart from the shade range which is fairly limited with eight options. However, if you can find a shade that works for you, then I highly recommend you try it! This is one of those products that I will re-purchase again and again.

NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer - £23.00 6ml (Chantilly & Custard)

I initially thought this product wasn't worth the hype when I first tried it in Space NK last year. I didn't buy it and forgot all about it, but after hearing so many people still raving about it, I thought I'd try it again, and this time, I loved it. I think I may have tried it when my skin was a little drier but with a good base of moisturiser and eye-cream, this product deserves the reputation it has earn. The coverage is medium-high and buildable and again, is great for under the eyes and for blemishes. 

Unfortunately, there aren't many options for people with light skin and yellow undertones like myself (there are 16 shades in total). As you can see from the swatches below, I own Chantilly (the palest) and Custard (the next yellow toned concealer) and there is a huge difference. I tend to mix the two but this is a very pricy way to do it! This concealer is long-wearing but I have to disagree with NARS' claim that the product is crease-proof. As the concealer is quite a thick consistency, unfortunately I do find it tends to crease and does tend to enhance some fine lines around my eyes. I have to ensure that I use a beauty blender to really work the concealer in to the skin to avoid this as much as possible.

After hearing that there was a high-street dupe of this product, I went to Boots to try it (Maybelline Fit Me Concealer), but it really disappointed me! I don't personally think it is a dupe as it isn't as thick and doesn't provide the same coverage or longevity. I would personally prefer to pay more for a higher quality product and use less of it, but if you are looking for a similar product and don't want to spend £23.00 then it's worth a swatch!


This concealer has also earned itself a great reputation amongst makeup lovers, and for good reason. It gives a really lovely, smooth, flawless looking finish, helping to conceal blemishes, pigmentation and under-eye darkness. It's also extremely long-wearing, water-resistant, transfer-resistant and there are 16 shades available. What's not to love? 

This concealer blends beautifully on bare skin and into foundation when you need a little extra coverage. It can be applied using fingers, a sponge or a brush but I prefer to use my finger to apply and then blend out with a beauty blender. 

I have a love/hate relationship with the packaging. The glass tube is hygienic as it comes with a little pump rather than an applicator like the other two concealers in this post, but the pump ejects too much product so you have to press very lightly to get a half pump out, or you end up with too much and it gets wasted. This style of packaging also means that the product is really hard to get out once it gets low, which is frustrating when you can see that there is still product left.

It is the cheapest of the three concealers and you get more product so although it is still pretty pricy compared to high-street alternatives, it is a really fantastic product and I do think it's worth the money!

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer (Light Warm), Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (Chantilly & Custard) & Mac Pro Longwear Concealer (NC20)
Have you tried any of these? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know what you lovely ladies think. I love comments and I'm friendly I promise!