Monday 27 March 2017

Charlotte Tilbury - Pillow Talk Lipstick & Lip Cheat

I was lucky enough to be treated to this beauty for Valentine's Day this year, and it has quickly made itself in to my top five lipsticks of all time (and I have a lot)!


I bought Charlotte Tilbury's lip cheat in 'Pillow Talk' for myself sometime last year and every time I wore it, I thought to myself "this would make a great lipstick", even experimenting with making my own makeshift lipstick by applying it all over my lips and adding a little balm because I loved the colour so much. So when I heard that Charlotte Tilbury had released an online exclusive lipstick called 'Pillow Talk' which was supposedly the same shade as the lip liner, I knew I wanted to add it to my makeup collection. Luckily for me, my hint-dropping to my boyfriend didn't go unnoticed...

The lip liner is a lovely smooth velvety texture and can be used to re-shape and enhance your lips. I use it as a liner for my lips and I also fill in my lips and apply the matching lipstick over the top, which makes it last longer. It's waterproof and is transfer-resistant, claiming to last a whopping 6 hours (depending on quite how much you plan to eat, drink or kiss)!

'Pillow Talk' is my second Charlotte Tilbury lipstick, and the formula is described as a 'Luminous Modern-Matte'. The shade is a beautiful nude pink, and it looks absolutely amazing on every skin tone. The website shows the lipstick on ten women, so although the lipstick is available exclusively online, you can get a good idea what the shade would look like on you from the website, and you could also head to a Charlotte Tilbury counter and apply the lip liner in the same shade so you can see if you'd like the lipstick. You can read the review of the other gorgeous shade I own, which is called 'Super Cindy' here. 

For a matte finish lipstick, this is hydrating and extremely long-wearing. It contains orchid extract and glowing pigments which claim to create the illusion of lit-from-within lips, which make your lips look wider and fuller, which I have personally found to be true. This lipstick glides on beautifully and is easy to apply due to its square angled tip, which is a big bonus.

These lipsticks don't come cheap, but if you're looking for a 'your lips but better' kinda shade, then could be the perfect option for you! 


Top - bottom: Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick (Pillow Talk) & Lip Liner (Pillow Talk)
Have you tried any Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks? What are your favourite shades?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know what you lovely ladies think. I love comments and I'm friendly I promise!