Saturday 12 May 2012

Not So Messy Essie

Now these little gems were my first ever Essie purchases...I've found that Essie has not been very accessible previously but when I saw online and on blog posts that Essie was coming to Boots I was VERY excited. I walked into Boots on my lunch break (working in the city centre is DANGEROUS!) to see a "coming soon" sign over the brand new and sparkling Essie stand I was disappointed it wasn't there already but excited that my Boots was getting the beauties. When I asked one of the Sales Assistants when they would be stocked I was told in the next few hours so of course after work I trundled into Boots AGAIN...so find the most beautiful array of colours! Now the decisions...I went for two summery colours in a lame attempt to bring the Sun of the hole it has been hiding in recently! So here they are...

I went for Mint Candy Apple as it will look amazing with a tan...

...and the beautiful Peach Daiquiri as I loved the name and its the perfect corally red!


Excuse the dry fingers, Winter is still taking its toll!


I absolutely love these colours, definitely pleased about the ones I picked! The hardest choice was which red or pink to get as there was so much choice. The photograph makes the polish look more red, but actually it has a pinky tone and also a bit fluro with a peachy/corally colour all rolled into one. Perfect! Can't wait for the sun to come out so I can embrace them with a tan. Peach Daiquiri will be beautiful on toes too. I prefer reds and pinks over anything else on toes specially in Summer!

I used my Jessica Fusion base coat and Jessica Brilliance top coat which has a high gloss finish! Stops any staining on the nails, and the Fusion is specifically made for nails that peel which mine are unfortunately prone to. Brilliance is a long lasting extra shiny top coat! At the moment I have a hand of each so I could take photos of each! Actually looks quite cool. I will do a post about the base and top coat as they are my favourite base/top coat combo!

Essie Nail Lacquer: £7.99 from Boots.


8 comments:

  1. I need to get me some of these! love the colours
    - ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu, the colour range is lush. They have sooo many nice pinks and reds it was so hard to choose x

      Delete
  2. These are lovely colours, I saw them the other day in my local boots and I got very excited! My two favourites are mint candy apple and lilacism :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lovely, thank you so much for your comment. I love pastel colours on nails in summer, specially with a tan. Essie nail varnishes last longer than others on me which is a bonus! Gonna have to get some more soon! Would love it if you could follow me X

      Delete
  3. URGH so pretty! I'm an absolute nail polish fiend so posts like this really make me want to rush out and buy them all! haha, loving Mint Candy Apple, it's such a talked about colour! & a Daiquiri is my favourite cocktail so i must get that one too ;) haha
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some beaaautiful colours! I loveee bright colours for Spring too. Gotta get them both :) Too many choices, I'm gonna get a few more this week, not that I need any more AT ALL either! x

      Delete
  4. OOh they're so pretty! my favourites are Lovie Dovie and Splash of Grendadine :) yummm! Candy Apple may have to join my collection! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) bought lovie dovie yesterday with water melon! They are lovelllly! Will do a post on them soon! X

      Delete

Would love to know what you lovely ladies think. I love comments and I'm friendly I promise!