Thursday 10 November 2016

Clinique's Pep-Start Eye Cream

After recently noticing some dryness in my under-eye area, I decided it was time to invest in an eye cream that I could use both day and night. After seeing the release of Clinique's new 'pep-start eye cream', I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about...and I love it.


I have dabbled with eye-creams before but by no means religiously, and I haven't loved a product enough to use it daily, let alone day and night. This product was different from the get-go and I've used a whole tube throughout the last 6 months and already repurchased. Like many makeup hoarders, I rarely completely use up products as I have so many.

The claims: "Just 3 seconds to look wide awake, refreshed. Hydrates, brightens, perks you up. Its cool touch and de-puffing tip help keep eyes looking fresh. Smooths the way for makeup, too." - Clinique

Clinique recommends using the ball applicator to disperse the cream under the eye, but I prefer to squeeze some product out and dab lightly with my ring finger under my eye. It glides on easily and is a thin enough consistency to sink in quickly, without feeling sticky or tacky, leaving just the right amount of hydration to apply foundation and concealer under the eyes.

It's important to me that products under the eye are fragrance-free as I have sensitive skin and the skin beneath the eyes is particularly delicate, so it ticks a box for me that the pep-start eye cream contains no fragrance. It also contains glycerin, squalene and dimethicone, which are known for their moisture-retaining properties. 

Although I definitely agree with Clinique's claim that the cream is refreshing and hydrating, I can't say I agree with the brightening claim. I always still opt for a corrector & concealer combo if I want to look bright-eyed and bushy tailed after a late night.

Although I don't think the cream lives up to all of the claims, I think if you're looking for a hydrating eye-cream, that works as a great base for makeup, then I'd definitely recommend giving this one a go.

Pros:
  • Hydrating
  • Good base for make-up and under-eye concealers
  • Contains plant-based antioxidants and peptides
  • Packaging type protects product from light and air, keeping it fresher for longer
  • Fragrance free
Cons:
  • Not as brightening as I'd hoped
  • Plastic applicator not as cooling as a metal roller-ball style applicator
Available at all Clinique counters world-wide - £22.00


Have you tried it yourself yet? What do you think? Let me know in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. Let me give Rolex replica you one example of how this all tied together in 2019 using the case of Hong Kong. This replica watches once incredibly powerful market for luxury timepieces has been hit with a few massive punches over the years that have global replica watches uk implications. This didn’t start with the ongoing democracy protests in the city but actually began a few years fake rolex ago when mainland China decided to stop allowing consumers to enter into the country with foreign-purchased luxury goods without replica rolex paying a VAT. Hong Kong was a popular shopping destination for mainland Chinese citizens who would come to the city to purchase a fake watches large number of goods including luxury wristwatches. The VAT in China is (based on my most recent recollection) 60% on luxury timepieces. Consumers rolex replica clearly want to avoid such a tax, so they would leave mainland China to purchase watches — and Hong Kong was a natural destination. Given fake rolex uk that choice of products is so great in Hong Kong, prices for wristwatches were fantastic — until the VAT fake watches uk laws changed. Then, China required that consumers report goods when re-entering the country and pay the VAT, else face a very Rolex replica steep fine.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know what you lovely ladies think. I love comments and I'm friendly I promise!